read_connect(); //$GLOBALS[ezoic_db]->read->query("use 17things"); ?>

What to do when your credit card company causes overdrafts at your bank?

I recently paid my credit card bill of $2.27, however the credit card company entered the payment as $227.00, causing $50 in overdraft fees at my bank. The credit card company had me fax over a statement with the bank fees on it so they can take care of it, however after 3 weeks they still haven’t done it, they tell me that they don’t even know if the statement is in the building and that they get hundreds of faxes a day and as soon as they get to it, they will handle it, what if this takes months? Is there a way I can make them take care of this matter more quickly? I just went ahead and paid my banks fees just so I could use my bank account again. Did I do the right thing? What if the credit card company never received the fax and they end up asking for another one, how can I make sure that they receive it? They corrected the mistake between the $2.27 and $227.00, maybe that’s all I can hope for.

Related Items

2 Responses to “What to do when your credit card company causes overdrafts at your bank?”

  1. samantha h said :

    call the company and while you have the individual on the phone fax the copy directly to them.

    if that does not work then file a small claims case against them immediately.

  2. Phoenix said :

    Get the name of the person you talk to and fax direct to him/her. Wait on the phone until they receive the fax.

    Did you make the payment on line or did you send in the check? If you have sufficient info., it shouldn’t take long for them to correct the problem. You should be able to see it on your next statement. If that was their mistake, they should waive the overdraft fee.

    You don’t need to file a small claim. You can work out with the credit card company directly. It may take a little time for them to research but it will work out at the end if you’re correct.


[newtagclound int=0]


Recent Comments

Recent Posts