How do you collect money from a company that you sued and won against?

My father sued a company for not paying for products he sold them and won judgment against them. Even though the judge ordered the company to pay my father approximately $20K + interest (~$38K), the company has yet to pay up. What is the process for us to collect money that is rightfully owed to us? Our lawyer told us that we have to get bank account information and then go to the police to freeze the account and get the money that way. That just seems wrong to me. How are we supposed to get that information? Even if we find out, what happens if there isnt enough money in the account? What are our options? There has got to be a way to force them to pay us. Please advise.


Related Items

One Response to “How do you collect money from a company that you sued and won against?”

  1. copious said:

    This is an issue that really should be handled by your attorney, but yes, you have to locate assets. Whatever and wherever you can find them. Once you locate the asset, then the sheriff or police can serve them with an attachment.

    There are a ton of laws that govern what can be done and how to do it, so please ask your attorney for guidance. A simple mistake can result in you paying them instead of the opposite.


[newtagclound int=0]


Recent Comments

Recent Posts